The challenges faced by the fishing industry mean you need storage solutions that are easily adaptable, and that provide quick access in a fast-moving environment. Seamless and efficient storage and logistics is crucial when you’re providing seafood to a global market.
The fishing industry strives to develop modern, efficient and sustainable seafood production and storage.
Key challenges shared by the aquaculture industry and fishing fleets include:
- Fast moving and perishable goods requiring different storage methods
- Seasonal influences
- Chilled & frozen goods may need accommodating under one roof
- FIFO (First-In, First-Out) stock management
- Product traceability and hygiene
- Moving bulky items with varying weights
Increase storage capacity with mobile pallet racking
Cold store environments can be costly to run, so a dense storage solution is usually required. Mobile pallet racking offers an ideal solution.
- Mounted on electronic mobile bases to create an access aisle for picking
- Increases storage capacity considerably
- Access to individual pallets
- High density storage
- Requires only one truck aisle
- Temperature range between -30°C and +40°C
Achieve First-In, First-Out storage with Pallet Flow
Pallet Flow is suitable for FIFO storage where your goods have a high turnover and you require fast access.
- Pallets are placed on sloping storage lanes
- Gravity moves the pallet forward along a roller bed
- Pallet speed controlled by a series of brake rollers and halted by a stop unit
- Requires only two aisles, one for loading and one for retrieval
- Uses up to 60% less floor space than conventional racking